Health Anthology of American Literature ConciseWydawnictwo: Houghton Mifflin
- liczba stron
- Literatura piękna
This new anthology brings the expansive, inclusive approach of the two-volume Heath to the single-volume format. While other one-volume texts continue to anthologize primarily canonical works, the new Heath Concise offers a fresh perspective for the course, based on the successful hallmarks of the two-volume set. * The selected works represent the most culturally diverse table of contents...
* The selected works represent the most culturally diverse table of contents available in a one-volume format.
* A wealth of historical and cultural context material helps illuminate the literary works.
* A broad range of literary forms includes sermons, songs, and letters.
* Engaging Headnotes and Section Introductions provide students with background information.
* Mini-thematic units—including Literature of the Vietnam Conflict— allow for in-depth study.
* Unlike many one-volume anthologies, The Heath features fewer excerpts of long works and a rich selection of short works teachable in every classroom.
* A comprehensive web site offers abundant student and instructor resources, such as author information; an interactive timeline of literature, history, and culture; and an archive of Heath Newsletter articles.